Australia-Vietnam Healthtech Linkages (BioBridge Asia) Program will deliver a range of capacity-building initiatives for Australian and Vietnamese start-ups to generate new export activities and investment outcomes. The project will showcase both countries’ healthcare technologies in a series of events designed to raise awareness, accelerate cross-border commercialisation and address barriers to entry of healthcare market exports. The practical skills and market knowledge that will be provided to participants will help to fill the current gap in understanding and support early-stage health technology companies looking to succeed in cross-border trade and investment.
The Project aims to:
- Deliver capacity-building, specialized healthcare export and cross-border commercialisation training to Australian and Vietnamese life science, medical and health technology start-ups.
- Encourage greater bilateral engagement, commercial exchanges, innovation partnerships, research collaborations and personal connections in the Australian and Vietnamese health sectors.
- Showcase Australian and Vietnamese healthcare technologies to raise awareness, accelerate cross-border commercialisation and address barriers to entry of healthcare market exports; and
- Promote innovative healthcare solutions in Australian and Vietnamese markets by aligning the capabilities of participants with current and future healthcare needs.
The project will include two joint streams (one for Australian start-ups, SMEs & research teams into Vietnam and the other for Vietnamese organisations into Australia) running simultaneously and will support 60+ SMEs and start-ups over the next 12 months Program activities will include:
- Bootcamps to develop and refine key export strategies and pitches to identified target markets
- Mentoring & Business Matching by industry and business leaders with expertise in Vietnamese and Australian healthcare markets
- Pitch Events to both Australian and Vietnamese healthcare investors and leading organisations in the supply chain and innovation ecosystmes of both countries
This Program will provide participants with tools to accelerate their cross-border commercialisation of their technology, ie:
- Training in commercialisation and export strategies specific to the life sciences
- Advice & expertise to accessing the Australian & Vietnamese healthcare markets
- Exposure to industry practitioners, in Australia and Vietnam
- Access to existing partner programs such as regional SME support, commercialisation training, and start-up incubators
Date: Wed 9th March 2022
Time: 1pm-5pm AEDT (Melb Time)
This Program has received grant funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade under the Australia-Vietnam Enhanced Economic Engagement Grant Program 2021.