The Life Sciences Innovation Export Hub in Queensland has been established through a collaboration with Life Sciences Queensland (LSQ), Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and the Australia Asia Technology Incubator (AATI), supported by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s SME Export Hub Program.
The Hub will bring together industry and research expertise from the Queensland life sciences sector with dedicated Asian export capability and knowledge. LSQ will lead the Hub, supported by project partners QUT who will leverage the experience and expertise of the Bridge and BridgeTech commercialisation programs; and ACTI who will bring significant knowledge and networks in the Asia Pacific region and model training programs for Asian markets.
The Export Hub aims to develop Queensland’s life sciences sector by providing participants with tools to accelerate the commercialisation of their research and technology including:
- Training in commercialisation and export strategies specific to the life sciences
- Advice and expertise to accessing key markets in the Asia Pacific region
- Exposure to industry practitioners, domestic and international
- Access to existing partner programs such as regional SME support, commercialisation training, and start-up incubators
The project will allow for two programs to be run on annual cycles and will support 50+ SMEs and start-ups over the two years of the project, including:
- Seminars on key issues, delivered by industry and business leaders with expertise in Asian export markets
- Bootcamps to develop and refine key export strategies and pitches to identified target markets– up to 25 participants
- Online training for commercialisation to key export markets and emerging sectors in Asia Pacific – up to 25 participants
- Asian Readiness including. Mentoring – up to 10 participants
- Participant missions of Asian Immersion (first contact with Asian regions and key Asian markets/potential partners)
- Asian Residency (when appropriate) – up to 5 participants
Two, year-long programs commencing in 2021
Bootcamp Presented by LSQ, AATI and QUT